We are delighted to announce that OCTC (Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre) online Certificate course. They have very kindly agreed to provide access to the course for Pakistan for £100. The usual course fee is nearly £600. We are grateful to OCTC, in particular to David Westbrook, the Director of the OCTC, who has played a key role in getting the course for Pakistan. We hope people can use this course effectively and that it would play a vital role in disseminating CBT in Pakistan and other countries in the region. We would also like to emphasis that Oxford is the top centre in CBT training in the UK and we feel privileged to have this course for Pakistan.
This is a one year course (which means you will have access to the course on internet for one year, so need to be sure that you have interne with reasonable speed, although you don’t need state of the art technology) and the details can be obtained from the following link,
https://www.octc.co.uk/training It will be to go to their website and see a few previews of videos for yourself before you commit yourself.
The requirements for the registration include; at least a bachelor degree from a recognised University in Pakistan (but we are not going to check degrees, it is essential that we create an environment of trust and mutual respect), being a member of the PACT and being a resident of Pakistan. You will need to register the IP address of your PC (You can go to
to find out the IP address of your PC). Please remember that viewing limit is 10 per presentation, monthly renewable. The subscriptions will be active for the users for a period of 1 year.
We will arrange an assessment at the end of the year and those who pass the assessment (it is not going to be a tough assessment and will be used mainly to see whether people have basic understanding of principals of the CBT). Assessment will consist of written Assignments/MCQs. Successful candidates will receive a joint certificate in the name of OCTC and PACT.
The process of registration is straight forward and all you have to do is to send the course fee i.e., (Equivalent of £100 in Pak Rupees, plus handling charges. You will also receive five year membership with the payment of the course.
The total amount in Pakistani Rupees for 2015-16 will be as following:
- Psychiatrist 23000 Rs/-
- Clinical Psychologists/ Student (having 16 year education) / Trainees/ junior Nurses 20,000 Rs/-
You can directly transfer money to the official bank account of PACT. Bank details are as following;
Title: PACT Organization
Account no. 1611001627910001
MIB House, old race course road, Lahore
Steps to get admission are as following:
- Get information from OCTC website.
- Deposit fee in the above mentioned bank according to your category.
- Once you have transferred money, please inform our Finance Secretary about your transaction through email to Muhammad Aslam (firstname.lastname@example.org) and attach receipt if possible. you will receive a confirmation email, which you should keep in your record for future correspondence. Please also attach with the email, the completed PACT membership form which is downloadable from our website.
- We will then get you registered with the OCTC. This process should take up to 4 weeks. Once you are registered, we will send you the details through email. I also suggest that you create your email if you already don’t have one.
- After almost 15 days you can contact for the confirmation email & inquire about your account status.
Please note that you will be responsible for judicious use of this service, for the speed of your net. If you have any more queries, please don’t hesitate to contact your city representatives (you can get the names and contact information from this website). If the problem is not solved, please contact at email@example.com